Railway Station

The railway first came to Horsham in 1848 at the end of a branch line from Three Bridges.  The main line from Victoria eventually passed through Horsham in 1867 on its way south through Billingshurst to reach the coast.  The whole line was electrified in 1938 and the present station buildings date from this time.

On the corner opposite the station are a group of 17th century cottages which mark the edge of what was once common land.  Some of these cottages have been incorporated into the recent Park Mews residential development.