Park House was built
in two stages between 1690 and 1720 and stands on the site of an
earlier timber-framed house called Cockmans. Park House was
known as "The Wicker House" after the family who built it and it
was purchased by the Council in 1928 together with 16 acres of
parkland. The house was refurbished in 1982/83 and is still
occupied by Horsham District Council. There are some
interesting ancillary buildings (a barn, stables and granary),
once threatened with demolition but now converted into other uses.
Worth visiting, too, are the scented garden to the rear of Park
House and the nearby children's maze with its dragon statue at the
also the former horse trough in North Street which was provided by
the Metropolitan Water Fountain and Cattle Trough Association to
commemorate Captain Drummond MVO who served as Chief Constable in
Horsham from 1879 until 1912.